View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 06:42 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
not sure where i said anything remotely close to “they aren’t entitled to health insurance”, you’re hearing voices again. Psychiatrists are doing wonderful things these days with the treatment of paranoid schizophrenia. Check it out.

Why are union members entitled to more federal funds, than their non union counterparts? Why does the worker at Ford deserve more federal money than his fellow citizen who works at Honda or Tesla?

Is it just a coincidence that labor unions give huge money to democrats, in return for exactly these kind of quid pro quo’s? Are tax breaks for sale to the highest bidder now?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I’m not the one typing at 3am

Perhaps I should have just said benefits
Ask the superpacs how much congressmen cost

The unions were a big part of ensuring middle class economic gains in the post-World War II era. Union power was broken during the 1980s as the Reagan Administration encouraged union busting. Republicans drummed up the image of corrupt union bosses along with mediocre product quality and high wages making America uncompetitive. It worked - unions were busted up and unions in private enterprise have nearly disappeared aside from the United Auto Workers.

The funny thing is, today’s Republicans are apoplectic about illegal immigration - because illegal immigrants have taken a great many jobs that were once filled with union workers. Now, however, Americans have no interest in farm labor, maid/janitorial service, restaurant kitchens, nanny service, slaughterhouse work, and landscaping. Americans seem to want work inside temperature controlled office buildings.

30 years ago, they bitched about how unions cost too much money in wages. Now, with undocumented immigrants taking jobs, they’re saying “well if employers would pay more, Americans would take those jobs.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin