View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 02:55 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
“it makes sense to motivate good paying jobs and EVs”

you missed the entire point. entirely. why do union-made EVs deserve more federal motivation than EVs made by Honda and Tesla?

Why is it more important to the federal government that Ford succeed, than it is that Tesla succeed?

That’s the only question. And you won’t answer it.

As to unions, if they’re so great, why is membership mandatory? How come every single time they make membership voluntary, so many people opt out?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Union membership isn’t required to be in a union , you are not required to be a card carrying member. but you are required to pay what’s called an agency’s fee. Seeing you are benefiting from collective bargaining . In your pay and benefits

But this benefit is for the buyers of the EV cars not the union. Directly

The incentives include a current $7,500 tax credit to purchase a plug-in electric vehicle as well as $500 if the vehicle’s battery is made in the U.S. The bill also removes a 200,000-vehicle phase-out of the credit, allowing GM and Tesla customers to once again be eligible for the incentive. Buyers of EVs produced by unionized workers in the U.S. would be eligible for an additional $4,500 in tax credits, bringing the total incentives to $12,500

seems it is allowing the consumer to decide which product will benefit them the most. I doubt someone looking to buy a Tesla is going to buy a Nissan Leaf because the 4500 if they were union built .. 2 different cars for completely different drivers

Like the vaccines Money is the only way industry gets motivated to move in new directions
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device