View Single Post
Old 01-20-2002, 09:06 PM   #5
mrpogie

When you mix envirotex in the cup I use equal parts in the cc column. I find that 5 cc and 10cc are about as small as you want to go and get accurate measurements. That is 1/4 of an ounce. I've coated two 3 1/2 oz. poppers with that amount but when I'm only doing one plug I still mix that amount and don't feel like I'm wasting it. Mix it slowly for approx. 5 min. with a round stick. Round sticks will not introduce as many air bubbles into the cup as will a flat stick. When you begin to stir the cup the envirotex will become hazy, you must keep stirring until it becomes clear again. I usually go 5 min. whether it needs it or not to be sure. Flick the acid swab brush against the palm of your hand a few times and pull on the end of the bristles to pull out any loose ones. I usually find a couple in each brush. This saves you from picking them out of your plug. Right before I start I blow on the plug with my breath to remove any dust particles that may have settled on it. I brush on a fairly heavy coat starting at the tail and working my way forward while the plug is spinning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pogieepoxy5.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	8472  

Last edited by Slipknot; 03-23-2005 at 09:37 AM..
mrpogie is offline   Reply With Quote