View Single Post
Old 01-20-2002, 09:08 PM   #7
mrpogie

At this point it will be time to remove any air bubbles in the finish. I used to use a lighter but now only my breath. Hot breath works better than cool breath. It's not the heat of the lighter but the carbon dioxide in the lighter or your breath that pop the bubbles. If you are going to use a lighter the picture shows about how close you can get without burning anything. Move it back and forth at a pretty good pace about that far away. When you see the finish start to run over it self as it spins you'll know the finish is very warm and thinning out and it's time to quit. Don't worry the finish will flow back out. By the way the lighter was a prop, I took the bubbles out of that plug in the picture with my breath. The finish will flow for probably an hour, I've gone back and fixed a spot 20 min. later and it looked awful at the time, but flowed out fine in the end. After 8 hours or so you can hang up the plug to finish curing. You may leave a fingerprint or two but amazingly they will dissappear. I have fished them as soon as a couple of days but now is the time to do plugs because they have plenty of time to cure. I have some friends who put envirotex on factory plugs just to protect the finish. I hope this helps ...mrpogie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	squid.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	7773   Click image for larger version

Name:	pogieepoxy7.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	8474  

Last edited by Slipknot; 03-23-2005 at 09:39 AM..
mrpogie is offline   Reply With Quote