View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
http://www.theamericanconservative.c...dward-snowden/

I said it about the emails (russians ) and about the Benghazi hearings.. its all fun and games until the barrel of the gun points in your direction... and now Trumps on the defensive

NOW he's on the defensive? He's been on the defensive from the moment he announced his candidacy. And when he won, the left revved it up several notches. The leftist media have launched a non-stop assault on him even with anonymous, unverified, or inconclusive stories they would not have once published until totally verified. There has been a cluster of leftist groups asking for anyone who has anything on Trump to let them know so they can use it to smear him. Even Think Progress whose article you posted here has an ad for donations for their Trump Investigative Fund offering a T-shirt for the money used to find anything they can pin on Trump. Various to-the-street and community organizer groups have sent their "protesters" (rioters) to disrupt pro-Trump rallies or college speeches. A core of them have pre-planned "protests" (riots) ready to launch at opportune occasions.

The Republican establishment attacked Trump throughout his campaign right up to the time he was elected. Some still are anti-Trumpers.

Even you have, on a daily basis, a thing or two or three . . . to add to the continuous assault on Trump.

So far he has been able to survive it. But he's already beginning to take on that Presidential premature aged look. The bags under his eyes seem to be bigger, his voice is weaker, and he seems to have put on some stress related, cortisol induced, weight. He may croak before he gets impeached (various Democrats have been using the impeach words, even before he was in office a week or two).

Trump loved leaks before he hated them

“I love Wikileaks,” Trump said, while the crowd chanted, “Lock her up.”
“It’s amazing how nothing is secret today when you talk about the Internet,” he added, before reading the contents of emails stolen from the Clinton campaign and leaked to Wikileaks.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-love...c7b#.k3lrkadge
Fine. The get-Trump miners finally received a gold nugget. And they picked off one of his guys. And, sure, the Flynn leak is a counterweight to Trump's sarcastic liking of WikiLeaks. But, as the article I posted just above your entry shows, there is a sinister difference. Though Flynn was the immediate target, he is, unwittingly and ultimately, only the "canary in the coal mine." There is a toxic substance in the caverns of our intelligence system. The Flynn leaks come anonymously from within our own intelligence community. Outing Flynn exposes that toxicity. Our intelligence agencies must have court orders to spy on Americans which it doesn't appear that they did. Their spying was on the Russians. As soon as an American citizen is involved they have to shut it down until they get a court order to continue. And when the information they get is classified, as it was in the Flynn case, they must not release it to unauthorized persons. We have, essentially, illegal spies who are endangering national security by releasing classified material to unauthorized media outlets. As the article from the leftist journal that I posted points out: " Those cheering the deep state torpedoing of Flynn are saying, in effect, that a police state is perfectly fine so long as it helps to bring down Trump." And that "Sitting back and letting shadowy, unaccountable agents of espionage do the job for us simply isn't an acceptable alternative. Down that path lies the end of democracy in America.

Rather than "sitting back," the Attorney General should immediately form an investigation to find out who the toxic elements are, and prosecute them as surely as the previous administration wanted to get Snowden and prosecute him.

I know you guys on the left here are happy about anything that hurts Trump, but you also love "Our Democracy." So I'm sure you'll cheer when and if they get the moles who leaked the stuff--even though you like the results.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-15-2017 at 06:52 PM..