View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
Chef Chris was an excellent host, he took some time out of his busy day to shoot the breeze, but let’s get into the important stuff the food!

Food -
I brought JR with me who doesn't have much of an appetite; he can also be very fussy with his food. The restaurant had a nice ambiance about it. The restaurant had little music playing with nice beer/wine/drink selection. We started off with some buffalo calamari, very nice portion size, it was cooked excellently and was not overly spicy hot, and it also had some nice banana rings in it. This was a great way to start the burger building process. It really is a process, you have a10 stage check list to go down (totally awesome), and you really get to customize your burger. Stage 1 you pic your meat, you have many choices from turkey to Kobe beefs and vegi and tuna. For those of you who don’t like burgers they have a “build your own Mac and Cheese” section, seriously awesome.
So many option are available to you, you have sauce options, onion ring add on's Chili and more add on's and more, to where you start wondering, should i book a room at RI hospital now or later? And lets not forget about the option for fries or, custom made tator tot's OMFG is all i can say. I had these smothered with chili, extra Sharpe cheddar, bacon, and sour cream. and of course i was chasing all these gastronomical delights down with a Longboard.

Service -
Our waiter was an over achieving young lad, he was very astute and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. He was well versed in the menu and the multitude of options for your pending heart attack, The food came very quickly, much faster than i was expecting, i was planning on waiting at least 20 - 25 min for the burger and it was there with in 10 cooked just the way we wanted then.

Just to give you an example of how good the food was, try to get a 16 year old not to eat his fries first then the burger. The food was so good he pushed the fries aside and ate the entire burger! I have never seen him do that, it was worth listening to him complain on the way home that he couldn't move, but yet he wanted more... All he kept talking about is when we can go back.

So in summary, if you get a chance go visit Chef Chris at Luxe Burger you will not disappointed!
And you can always trust a fat guys opinion of a burger .....
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote