Thread: Memo is out
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Were do you get your information from

I also want Americans to know that a small number of politically-motivated people at the DOJ, abused their authority in an attempt to help Hilary.

that statement not based in any Facts

Or are you cherry-picking? there would still be a Russian investigation ..... pretty clear

DOJ would not have gotten FISA approval for wiretaps, without the Steele dossier. that his opinion.and a Republican talking point ...

Guess the Judges were all in on it ....whos cherry picking now
"Were do you get your information from "

Ummm, NBC? I posted a link. In the same interview on 'Meet The Press' where Gowdy said that there would have been a Mueller investigation with or without the dossier, he also said there would have been no FISA-approved warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. Go watch the interview. Gowdy made two distinct conclusions regarding the dossier. You focused on the one that you liked, and ignored the one you didn't like.

"that statement not based in any Facts "

No?
Loretta Lynch met with Bill Clinton on a private jet after telling reporters to get lost. Soon after, Hilary was exonerated. Soon after that, Hilary said on TV that she would consider keeping Lynch on as AG if she won. Interesting timing, no?

The deputy attorney general (guy named Ohr?)'s wife works for Fusion, the company paid by the Clintons to compile the dossier. That wasn't disclosed, and the guy didn't recuse himself.

The deputy FBI dircetor's wife ran for the senate and took big money from Democrats PACs. That was not disclosed, and he did not recuse himself.

The 2 FBI agents involved in the email investigation, could not have been more clear that they wanted Hilary to win. The emails between the two are public. That was not disclosed, and they did not recuse themselves.

Is any of that not true?

On top of that, you seem to think Trey Gowdy's opinions regarding the dossier are valid. Fine, I will agree with you. In that case, Gowdy made a valid statement when he said there would have been no FISA warrant if not for the dossier. You can't have it both ways, either Gowdy is a trustworthy source or he's not.

"that his (Gowdy's) opinion.and a Republican talking point "

YOU brought Gowdy up, not me. So I can also say that it's a liberal talking point that even without the dossier, Mueller would still be investigating.

Not sure if you are confused, or what...but you were the one who said Gowdy's opinions regarding the dossier, mattered. Not me.

"whos cherry picking now"

Clearly, you.

I admit there would be an investigation of Trump even without the dossier. But I conclude that the dossier had an impact. I admit things that help Trump and that hurt Trump. You can only admit what hurts him, and can't admit anything that makes the left look bad. That is the definition of cherry picking.

"Guess the Judges were all in on it "

According to Gowdy, the judges were fooled by the unverified dossier, and by a Yahoo news story that was presented as verification of the dossier, when in fact it was just a regurgitation of Steele's dossier. Is it "verification" if Steele repeats the same accusations on a different news outlet? Nope.