View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
Hookedagain

I lost mans best friend

After returning from a week in Maine bear hunting I went to pick up my 2 Labs from the Kennel to find out they have Kennel Cough. I don't understand how a kennel that checks a dogs paperwork still gets infected with kennel cough. We called the vet and were told to take them to the E R in Swansea. We were getting ready to leave and my Yellow started acting strange. He walked to the farthest corner of the yard and laid down facing the woods. He wasn't responding to my call so my son went down there with a leash and walked him back to the house. We took the to the E R and he was severely dehydrated, with nausea, and a hard stomach. They admitted him and we went to my sons baseball game. Half way through the game my wife gets a call that he has a tumor the size of a bowling ball on his spline. We went back to see him and he didn't know us and was just laying there. After saying our good byes, my wife and son left me alone with him . Saturday night just before 10:30 we had to put our beloved Yellow Lab Charlie down. Hardest thing was to watch my son deal with losing his best buddy. We're going to miss you old boy!
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote