Thread: 500K max. pay?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #14
Back Beach
Respect your elvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
So now Obama wants to set the pay scale for companies that use bailout money. Saying this will get more stupid Americans behind the bailout I guess. I think I heard Barney Frank say that a limit should be set for all companies.... Hypocrits.....What do you bet when Hollywood gets their money there will be no such limits.
Its posturing by Obama, plain and simple. The clowns who took the financial companies down due to excessive risk taking are simply being questioned now. In my mind the question being asked is "Do you really need this money, or change in management/strategy?"
The folks at Goldman were all to quick in assuring the speedy return of gov't funds as they wished not to punish their management for whatever their performance objectives may be. This tells me most of the tarp/bailout money is "nice to have" as it makes the balance sheets appear better, but it not needed to run the businesses. Most of the money is just sitting there in need of a home.
My question is why are the automakers getting a pass here?

Take the effing pill and let these broken companies go down, for god sakes. We're just digging a deeper hole every time the gov't steps in with aid.

It's not the bait
At the end of your line
It's the fishing hole
Where all the fish is blind