View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #25
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
IMHO ,the average Americans are so busy working to keep their heads above water,
they don't have the time to keep up with this lighting speed legislation and the slew of new programs every week.
If that's the excuse now, what was the excuse 3, 5 or even 7 years ago when the economy was flourishing and everyone had a job?

The average American is ignorant when it comes to politics and the policies that will have an effect on their day to day lives and their children's lives. Call me a cynic but the intelligent people (for the most part ) that participate in this forum is a poor representation of the average American public. None of us will agree on every thing, and a majority will disagree on most subjects; informed, critical thinking and insight takes place here every day. I don't believe the average American has those capabilities.

When the elections were taking place, my roommate's girlfriend couldn't even name Obama or McCain's running mates - and she wasn't the only one I bumped into that couldn't. I'm talking about college educated, intelligent people - not the bums sitting at home watching Maury everyday collection their handouts (who as an aside, should know the most about politics due to the massive amount of time on their hands).