View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 11:08 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump doesn’t have the balls to confront someone, that’s why he said Putin, the Saudis and Kim told me they didn’t and I believe them.

You seriously believe that or do you believe any price is acceptable as long as you get what you want.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You really seem to be impressed with your ability to know what someone you've never met thinks. I "know" very little to nothing about what or who the inner Trump is. Outwardly, the little (filtered through various pro and con press and editorial coverage and personal or anecdotal stories) that I have heard or seen doesn't give me the picture of someone who lacks the balls to confront others. I thought that he would be crushed in the primary and presidential debates, but he pretty much dominated and mopped the floor with a lot of his opponents. I haven't seen any fear or reluctance in his face to face meetings with foreign leaders. I don't know what he really believes about what Putin, the Saudis and Kim told him, nor how much of what he says about it is tactical pablum for public consumption rather than true reactions that he felt it better to play down. I have learned to disregard a lot what politicians say about their political maneuvers and wait for the results.

I am not unduly critical or dissatisfied with results, especially economic, and regulatory rollbacks and judicial picks. On the contrary, I'm happy with most of them.

BTW, getting back to the subject of this thread, did you watch the video, and if so, what do you think about it?

Last edited by detbuch; 03-11-2019 at 12:11 AM..