View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 01:27 PM   #24
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
All my dashboard functions went out about 4 months ago. I took it to my Chevy dealer and they said my "cluster" was gone. New cluster $1K, used $400 plus 4 to 6 hundred in labor.
I said F/U and took it home, found a loose gang of wires, pushed on them and banged on the top of the dashboard and everything came back on. Been fine since then.
Anyone ever have this problem? Dealer said they see it all the time. I think they are full of chit.
2004 Silverado, 2500 4/4 extended cab.
Paul they are trying to screw you...the instrument clusters are another "common failure" issue. GM had a special policy coverage on those also but it was very limited in terms of time and mileage.

When a dealer orders a cluster they come from a supplier which remanufactures them. You can't buy a "new" one. We sell them reman clusters at $295.00 , and up to an hour and a half to install and program them so your total including MA tax would be $463.00.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote