View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Stock buybacks are good for everyone who owns stock. Stock ownership isn't just for the wealthy anymore. Everyone who has an IRA or a 401(k) benefits from that.

I didn't see much talk about everyone's taxes going down, or the 20,000 jobs that Apple pledged, or the massive infrastructure investment Cox is making, or the raises and bonuses that we all heard about.

I think the tax cut gave too much to business, not enough to the middle class. But to imply it didn't help anyone, is just false.

Pete, when you ignore all the benefits that the tax cut provided, and only look at the flaws, I admit it looks like stupid policy. But in an honest world, we evaluate public policy based on the good and the bad that it does - not just the bad. A lot of Americans will see a meaningful increase in take home pay. I did. And I'm not the only one.

Obama's "stimulus" also cost almost a trillion dollars, and I don't know that I know anyone who benefitted a nickel because of it. But maybe it helped get unemployment under control, I don't know.

Almost everyone I know, is seeing a benefit from the GOP tax cuts.