Thread: FACTS
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #18
stripersnipr

Great! I don't agree with those opinions and probably no others that you hold, but I do respect them as yours. But I'm a little unclear as to the fearfulness of the unknown you've assinged me after this short exchange. I fear what I do know and do witness every day.

Let's say the election reform you seek is completed and your tickled pink with it. Now how many languages do we print our ballots in? How many languages should K -12 be taught in? How many langauges does our emergency broadcast system need to be transmitted in? How about traffic and street signs? Does the Utopia you strive to create cater to all known spoken languages? This a simple matter common sense not some idealistic wet dream of an unachievable "perfect society". As much as you people want to divide everything into racial lines, decent people will not be duped. I or no one else in my family ever owned a slave.

Embrace diversity as much as you need to to forgive your forefathers sins but don't expect the rest of us to foot the bill and carry your guilt.

And don't you thinks it's a bit racist to tell a kid he can't go to his neighborhood school because of the color of his skin?