Thread: WWHD
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #32
wdmso

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Now, now - lets not confuse Spence's desire to Baghdad Bob the Hillary Campaign for being a paid shill for them. Clearly he does it for free. And please no overly derisive comments.

NetworkWorld? A Bad source? It is an IT networking magazine around for 30 years - probably have a few hundred copies lying around between home and work, more in the landfill.

For an IT guy it is the equivalent to a magazine called PAINT for Painters, FOOD for a chef, and WORKERS SOLIDARITY for Bernie. A tool of the trade.

For the technical response it is scary because disabling the filters is different and significantly beyond merely whitelisting HRC's personal email server. There was also a fairly significant difference in Trend SMEX 8 and SMEX 10 (11 is the current version). Also, some of these systems use lookup services from other vendors and are admant about not letting things through from coming from "Known Spammers" or bad domains. So if her server or one of the client computers had been infected and was spamming viruses / malware and was being explicitly blocked, her email might not get through even if on a whitelist - requiring the State IT department to disable the ScanMail for Exchange system - basicaly the anti-virus / anti-malware scanning system for the state departments email.

If I did that I and compromised a client system would be fired. If my client told me to do that I woulld have them sign an AGA release (Against Geek Advice). If I did that at a .GOV I might go to jail.

Sounds to me like the IT guys had been beaten up by poli-weenies above them in the chain of command.
My point was . if your not willing to attach your name to a story .. how is anyone to verify you know what you claim to know or even know what your talking about... thats all

Sounds to me like the IT guys had been beaten up by poli-weenies above them in the chain of command YOUR SPOT ON THERE