Thread: Gun Legislation
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 07:34 AM   #151
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
So because kids - particularly those with underlying mental health issues - can't adjust well to growing up and parents can't parent, other people, law abiding people, should give a constitutionally guaranteed right up and reduce their ability defend themselves and their family to accommodate one group of people? Rather than work to focus on the core issues of gun violence and keep firearms out of those hands, we'll punish everyone?
Never said that in this thread or any other related thread. What I don’t see the need for in Johnny’s dad’s gun case, is an assault rifle with several hundred rounds in high capacity magazines he can take to kill dozens in seconds.

Maybe Johnny isn’t the problem, but his neighbor has a history of mental illness and suddenly wants to vent, so it’s off to secure far to essentially legally or in private sales, the fire power he needs. I’d rather the loop holes be closed, but if I’m in a mall shopping for Xmas, I think I have a better chance for survival, if he is only armed with a handgun or shotgun and not an assault rifle.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device