Thread: Space force
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Total tax burden CT is about 12.6%, nh, 7.9%. https://taxfoundation.org/publicatio...s-publications

You would save 4.7% per year, ignoring any differences in federal deductions. To save 200k over 20 years at 4.7% means you would have an annual income over those 20 years of $212,766. You are doing very well. You can afford another kid or two. Unless your math is wrong, but no chance of that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
By the way Jim, a plumber or most other workers who aren't telecommuting are likely going to end up better off here in CT where salaries are higher. They will have more net income after taxes, more retirement savings, etc.
You quoted average percentages. I looked at the exact percentages that apply in my individual case (property taxes, for example, vary widely by town). Which is more pertinent, the average, or what actually applies to me?

Also, thanks to liberalism, CT I sfacing projected deficits next year of $4 billion, with total unfunded debt of $75 billion (works out to exactly $25,000 for every human being in the state..so taxes will continue to go up)

And the capping of federal deductions for state/local taxes. also makes NH more attractive.

I'm not wrong when I say there are far cheaper places to live, which offer a great quality o flife. You want to make it wrong, because you can't bring yourself to admit that conservative states have figured out how to offer a good quality of life with low taxes, and liberal states cannot pull that off. Huge numbers of New Englanders are moving to these states, especially the Carolinas, Florida, GA, TX. That is fact.

If your agenda cannot withstand the recognition of irrefutable, empirical evidence, you may want to re-think your agenda.

The CT state income tax is around 5% or so, sales tax is 6.5%. Imagine if you got back 5% of very dollar you made, and 6.5% of every dollar you spent, plus cheaper gas tax, electricity tax, car tax, cheaper public university. You deny that's a lot of money over a lifetime?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-20-2018 at 10:33 AM..