View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #49
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
First of all Jimmy,I am glad you are happy with your move and you have decided it worked out for you in spite of your family missing out on their best interest.I did answer your original question but you decided my response did not suit your dollar driven agenda so you introduced a superfluous subject as a subclause.I really don't care about your family's financial status other than I hope it is stable. I don't exactly consider our current path as bleak to the point I will abandon ship at this point, despite the fact you are convinced the sky is falling.BTW,I just put 2 butts on the smoker for the game tomorrow with a full brisket to follow,so I have some redneck in me.
dollar driven agenda? That was the whole point of Jim in CT post on living in TN! Sorry, finances matter. Schools matter. Business climate matters. Community infrastructure matters. Those things are moving up for the southwest and down for the northeast. Facts, not opinions. You said you wouldnt move to TN under any circumstnaces. I would move to the best place for my family and their future. If I have to give up trips to the Vineyard for lunch, so be it. I also have a successful career that allows me to live a privledged life. My kids wont be applying for financial aid, I'll see to that and I need to plan for that. Dangles while your shivering on the ice fishing fishing Norton Reservoir this weekend I'll be on a lake in 60 degree weather fishing with my son for stripers, looking at golden and bald eagles and I'll explain to him all he is missing out on despite his "best interests" as you say. Nevermind the brand new school he goes to and its exemplarly rating by the nationwide rating system. i dont know how the poor guy survives. We were shooting hoop last night at 8pm, it was 62. Times are tough.

Fishbones - dont know how we got off on this but, whatever. You seem to disregard the concept of "regional cuisine". There are great Italian restaurants in the North End, but if you want the real deal you go to Tuscany. CA and TX are the real deal when it comes to mexican food. I really didnt think that was a topic for debate. There are fine restaurants in MA. But I believe regional cuisines are typically the best and CA and TX are known for their regional mexican food. By known I mean, books, shows, chefs, etc. TX was one part of Mexico. As far as an elitist. I probabaly am. I've done a lot of things in my 43 yrs, seen this counrty in a car 4X. Lived in CT, NY, MA, RI,CA, and now TX. My ex girlfriend I moved to CA with was the maitre d at the number 2 resaurant in the country in San Francisco. I had an in at all the best restaurants. My wife is chinese, raised in India. You want to talk asian or indian food, I sleep with a woman every night who lives for it. I aint makin this up. Does it make me better, no. More experienced? I believe so. Im sorry if that offends everyone. When Back Beach or Piemma talk fishing, i listen. I value their experience. I know my she-at when it comes to some topics - music, food, US travel. I dont know a f-in thing about politics and thats why I argue out here, to learn

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 01-11-2013 at 02:39 PM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all