View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #52
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
You too smart for satire? Please contradict on of my points in more than 4 words and I can respond. Posting "unbelieveable" (sic) to my statement that the country has been the greatest for 400 years, without backing up what your beef with that is does not allow for any discussion. Maybe it makes you feel smart? I got no problem with the country being the greatest since the settlement at Jamestown in 1607. That is when the country was forming. You want to be technical go ahead, but back yourself up.

You want to argue whether corporations actually pay 35% tax rate, go ahead but back it up.
Actually say something, then
Jamestown was a British colony. As far as "great"they basically starved and barely made an existence. The 13 colonies would have never survived without the support of the British crown and British $.
Even the declaration of independence did not form our country, We were 13 independent colonies until the states ratified the US Constitution.

As far as tax rates, see attached. Realize this is only fed tax, not state and not employment tax. I bet that bumps the rate up to over 50%.

The Tax Foundation - Corporate Income Tax Rates Around the World

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all