View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Great article in CNN today.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/01/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t4

-spence
Oh, yeah, what a gem this marxist piece was...

"Washington took financial cops off the beat by slashing funding of our regulators, letting big banks load up on risk and target families with dangerous credit cards and mortgages. Washington also worked feverishly to cut taxes for those at the top, opening huge loopholes for big corporations and billionaires"

Once again, let's blame the woes of Main Street on the wealthy (a group that the author obviously belongs to, but it's OK that she's wealthy, because she's liberal and an Ivy Legue professor. Wealth is only evil, I suppose, when it is attained through capitalism, where every cent you have, is necessarily a penny you stole from some old widow?)

"Instead of supporting college kids who are trying to get an education, the government now uses them as a source of revenue, making billions of dollars in profits off student loans."

Oh, this takes the cake. This, from a jerk who made four hundred and thirty thousand a year to teach a few classes at Harvard? And she blames others for exploiting college students?

Spence, even you must see the naked hypocrisy shown by this awful shrew.

"Investments in roads and bridges have nearly ground to a halt
".

I thought the stimulus package was going to fund all those "shovel-ready projects". Where did that $700 billion go, anway? I know Obama spent the money, but we get any infastructure improvements? Not according to Fauxcohantus.

"We know how to strengthen the middle class in this country because we have done it before"

We haven't ever done it with so much global competition from massive, emerging economies like China and India. It's not that simple, and either she knows that (in which case she's lying), or she doesn't know it (in which case she's too stupid to be alive).

"We need to decide that our children -- not our biggest corporations -- are our first priority"

Yes, because as a conservative, of course I think corporations are mor eimportant than our children. I'm glad she reminded me of that. Where is this liberal concern for children when thos echildren are still in the womb?

Spence, this piece is nothing more than an asinine collection of tired, typical, classic, liberal talking points. Talk abuot how bad things are, get people fiired up about it, and tell them that (1) it's all Wall Street's fault, and (2) republicans want to keep feeding the Wall Street boogeyman, while Democrats want to restore tranquility.

Spence, how about this..consider the most liberal places in our country...big cities, and states like CT, RI, IL, cities like Detroit and Chicago...are those places better off aftr a generation of pure liberalism, or are they worse off? Let's see "Lies Through Her Teeth" write a piece telling me why liberalism has worked in CT, detroit, Chicago, and Rhode Island...

"We can repair the cracks in the middle class"

Obama sure hasn't done it in 5+ years. Median wages are down since he took office. He owns that, does he not? The stimulus was a spectacular failure.