View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The same nation that elected Ike, now elected this guy twice? Jumped the shark, indeed

John R, what is all this leading to? Combine the complete breakdown of rational thought on things like this, with the looming collapse of SS and Medicare? What is this country going to look like in 20 years?

What are we doing to our kids?
I don't know, other than to say we will all be "equal" and divided as we bow to our Chinese Overlords in a decade or two.

I cannot see many possible outcomes other than some kind of massive nation state takeover of everything if we continue on the path we are on. We will be Greece or Aregentina except we will OWE close to the WORLDS GDP if we do not change course soon and hard. Here is a 2 year old chart: http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfile...prosperity.pdf

All the "Doomsday" issues such as National Debt, unchecked illegal immigration (I am all for legal immigration), gangs, terrorism, global instability in markets, and conflict (ISIS, Eastern Europe, SCS/WestPAC, Iran and a Persian Gulf States Nuke Arms Race).

People are either not gaming out the next 2-3 decades, are smelling Unicorn Farts and Double Rainbows, or see this as an acceptable end state.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: