View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 01:07 PM   #29
scottw

the left continues to lie and butcher the "very fine people" comment...pretty sad

TRUMP: Those people — all of those people --excuse me, I've condemned neo-Nazis. I've condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue of Robert E. Lee.

If you take a look at some of the groups, and you see — and you'd know it if honest reporters, which in many cases you're not — but many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee.

So this week it's Robert E. Lee. I noticed that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week? And is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You know, you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop?

TRUMP: You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group.

You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Q George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

TRUMP: Well now, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down —

Excuse me, are we going to take down- are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?

Q I do love Thomas Jefferson.

TRUMP: Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

So you know what, it's fine. You're changing history. You're changing culture. And you had people — and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Jefferson toppled in Portland......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EajE3dPUMAALaLH.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	67194   Click image for larger version

Name:	EajE3dQUYAE6Ay3.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	67195