View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 08:46 AM   #41
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Out of curiosity, what are you afraid would happen to you, exactly, if you just admitted what everybody knows, that Obama was wrong? That he was simply wrong? I don't think he lied, I think he genuinely believed that the ACA would bring costs down by $2500 a year, just as he said the stimulus plan would keep unemployment under 8% (it rose over 10%). But he was wrong.

There's no spin, no context, nothing immoral...these guys are charged with looking at the data to make predictions. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong (like Bush with WMDs).

I promise you, that if you said "Obama blew that one", nothing bad will happen to you, no harm will come to either you or Obama.
I don't think he blew either of them. The ACA was working as intended, if the conservative states would have embraced the exchanges it would have worked even better. We'd have a great platform to increase competition and get frivolous lawsuits into Federal courts...

As for the unemployment, again you're just reciting talking points. The Bush recession was deeper than projected. You're an actuarial Jim, you know that economic modeling isn't perfect and actual performance can't be measured until after it occurs.

What strikes me as odd is that you're still hung up on this stuff and ignoring the very real issues we have going on today. We have a President who's distancing our allies, pushing us closer to war, engaging in senseless trade policy and using the position to enrich himself.

But hey, you have a few extra dollars in your paycheck so it's all ok right?