View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I knew you referred to Health Care when you said "all the things needed for a reasonable life." But my question actually referred to ALL the things you would need for you to live a reasonable life--food, shelter, clothing, transportation, leisure activity, and so forth. ALL those things impact overall health. Some are even more fundamental to life than health care, and most are in more constant demand than health care.

Why do we want to insure health care over those other things? Cost? Isn't the cost of health care made more expensive when it is insured by a third party such as wealthy insurance companies or the government--especially when that third party becomes more and more universal? Aren't the cost of ALL those other things made more affordable because they are not universally paid for by a rich third party? How much would you have to pay an insurance company or the government so that either would in turn pay for ALL those other things you need to live a reasonable life? Is health care really that different?

And if some procedure is so rare that the cost to provide it is prohibitive, perhaps each individual state, by vote, could create state clinics to make the service available to its people.

Getting the federal government out of it would be a first step to lowering costs, in my opinion. I think it would be more financially feasible to have 50 "Switzerlands" than one behemoth, overspending, and dictatorial State.
You only missed a couple questions on my last post
Do you think a total free market system would produce what you want?
Would you eliminate all controls and supports?
Do you think health insurance is unnecessary?
Would healthcare providers need to be certified in any way?
Are we getting rid of lawyers also?
Would health care providers do a credit check before performing any services? "He's broke, toss him out the door"
Who would pick up the bodies?
How much do you think it would cost per capita for your idea of healthcare?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin