View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Is he any different than former Rep Allen West other then West was elected by the Reps?

West is a heroic combat vet who served our country in ways that would make most of us wet our pants, while Redford has lived a life of celebrity and unimaginable wealth. West has been in some tough spots, I have seen his military resume. Redford is a noodle-brained celebrity, who like many of them, seemingly has no appreciation for the concerns of people who aren't uber-rich. And who unfortunately has made 2 of my favorite movies (The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid)

West, like Michelle Bachman, is someone with whom I agree on most issues, but he says things that do more harm than good. There are lots of conservatives who cringe when West says kooky stuff. I don't see similar condemnation when liberals, without end, play the race card, with no evidence whatsoever.

The othe rdifference is, on the issue of our debt, West is obviously correct, Redford is obviously wrong. That's the main difference. Two jerks, both saying uncivilized things. Only one of them gets called out for saying the uncivilized things. And only one, the same one, happens to be on the corrcet side of the issue of our spending.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-18-2013 at 10:12 AM..