View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #110
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
After the health insurance companies just testified this week and blew away The GOP FUD on the ACA they don't have much else to work with. you mean this?

Testifying before a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Oversight Committee, Mark Pratt, Senior Vice President, State Affairs America’s Health Insurance Plans, raised questions about the White House’s claim that nearly 8 million Americans have signed up for a health insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act.

“Because of the challenges that surfaced with the launch of the Exchanges in October 2013, some consumers were advised to create a new account and enroll again,” Pratt said Wednesday.

“As a result, insurers have many duplicate enrollments in their system for which they never received any payment. In cases where an insurer has a new enrollment for a consumer who previously enrolled, they are not expecting that original policy to be effectuated – even though that data is still reported,” he added.

Simply put, according to Pratt, glitches in the online exchanges that resulted in Americans signing up more than once for the same plan may have created “duplicate enrollments” that are being counted by the Obama administration toward final sign-up figures.

It’s important to note that “sign-ups” are different from “enrollments” as the latter require payment. Further, and despite the fact that the White House tends to use these two terms interchangeably, the House Energy and Commerce Committee announced last week that only 67 percent of the nearly 8 million sign-ups have paid their first month’s insurance premium, meaning only two-thirds of White House’s Obamacare sign-ups are formally enrolled in a plan.

what's 67% -80% of "nearly" 8 million minus the duplicates?...it's not 8 million it would also be interesting to know how many of those felt "forced" into Obamacare http://finance.yahoo.com/news/policy...1399.html...if if Obama was a car salesman, and he'd proudly claimed in a commercial to have sold 8 million cars and it was discovered that of those 8 million, applications had been made twice by the same people for the same car, only 67-80 % of the cars had actually been paid for, many had been forced to buy cars from him due to government regulations or because their cars were taken from them due to new government regulations, many had bought cars because the government offered to subsidize the cost of the car Of the 983,775 people in Florida who selected a private health plan through the exchange, about 91 percent or 893,655 received financial aid to pay for it, according to the report issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

how is this different than those third world dictators who rig an election and then celebrate the fact that they got 97% of the vote?

...i love Obama math.... I bet they keep counting you after you are dead too...it's like voting for democrats

The fact that the GOP is starting to actively try and raise campaign cash on Benghazi is repugnant. God Jim, even you have to agree with that. I'm sure it's just beyond the pale..maybe the Dems could counter with a "Clinton Bengazi Defense Fund"... if you'd like I can prepare a long list of tragedies that the Dems have used to raise campaign cash so that you can express similar feigned outrage as you seem brimming.

pretty funny...“Fundraising off the Benghazi tragedy is despicable and insulting and has no place in the national conversation,” Israel said in the statement. “Speaker Boehner and Chairman Walden should immediately take down their BenghaziWatchdogs.com website and stop insulting the memory of the brave Americans who were lost there.”

But directly above Israel’s statement is a humongous “CONTRIBUTE NOW” button, where visitors can click to cough up some cash for the DCCC." some people

Some people need to wake up and realize that hatred for Obama and Clinton isn't a winning strategy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
both are well established liars and have solid track records of incompetence(which I think you'd call impressive resumes), this isn't about hating them... although it's a simple juvenile exercise to suggest that it's about "hate" whenever their honesty and competence comes into question...it's about distrusting them and questioning their competence...which, given their track record...is pretty sensible...enabling liars and incompetents in positions of power is not a winning strategy either

Last edited by scottw; 05-09-2014 at 05:53 AM..