View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #53
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Just to give it some context... it sounds like this guy should have done some more careful planning all around before spending as much as he did.... it is not always better to seek forgivness than ask permission....

"Building Commissioner Robert J. Whalen cited the business because a building is too close to the property line, the parking lot is too close to Auburn Street, the tulips violate landscape regulations and he lacked a permit to do work near a wetland.
Whalen declined to comment on the alleged violations.

High said he is not planning to move the building and said there was a mix-up with the Conservation Commission on the wetland permit.

He said he has 1,400 more tulip bulbs on order and fears he might be stuck planting them elsewhere because zoning requires “natural vegetation.”
On zoning enforcement, he said, “there are different standards for everyone in the immediate area. Yet I’m being found in violation when all I’m doing is improvement,” High said.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"