View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
FAST stands for Fleet Anti-Terrorism Team. They're to provide reinforcements rapidly, not instantly...

I believe in that context it was a quick reaction force that responded. They would be pre-positioned and at the ready to respond to the Seal operation. It's a totally different scenario.

By his own words I think he believes we should have been able to do more. I think he also believes that this wasn't feasible given the situation.

Gowdy has been such a champion of Benghazi myths I'm surprised he doesn't have a retainer from FOX.

He probably doesn't have access to witnesses…right now. They would have to be subpoenaed or if classified worked out behind closed doors. Just because he doesn't have access doesn't mean other investigations have. Gowdy appears to be using a simple rhetorical trick to make you believe something is being withheld.

-spence
"FAST stands for Fleet Anti-Terrorism Team. They're to provide reinforcements rapidly, not instantly"

How many ways do you need me to say it? Who said anything about instantly? We had, as it turns out, 12 hours. That's more than enough time.

"I believe in that context it was a quick reaction force that responded. They would be pre-positioned and at the ready to respond "

Then you would be wrong. It was a SEAL base, but the SEALs weren't expecting to go out, so they were not nearly as ready as a quick reaction force team would be. They were not planning to go out in support of the 4-man SEAL team. But when they heard the call, they were in the air in short order. It must be very convenient when you always assume everything in a way that support your narrative. You never question anything that supports liberalism, you never give any consideration to anything else. It's incredible.

"Gowdy appears to be using a simple rhetorical trick to make you believe something is being withheld"

Fortunately for all of us, we'll soon know.