Thread: Paris
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Sad and ironic that he gave his life for others.

Deplorable that some feel we need to modify our truths and freedoms to placate those that are so backwards and oppressive.

Deplorable that some try to hoist Christianity to the same horrors as Radical Islam

In unrelated news: http://www.catholicvote.org/catholic...nybody-in-2014
Great post, very dishonest to suggest that any other religion poses the threat that is posed by Islamic jihadists.

Interesting debate on some networks, on whether or not it was wise to publish the cartoons. I don't think so. Yes, we all have the freedoms to do things like that, but the fact that we have the freedom to do something, doesn't mean we have the obligation to do something.

I read that the publisher of that periodocal once said he'd "rather die on my feet than live on my knees". Three cheers for him, he got his wish. Unfortunately, his needlessly provoking the jihadists cost the life of the police officer, and now there's another hostage at risk. All for the ability to publish purposeless cartoons? Some things are worth risking lives for. I don't put the publication of silly doodles in that category.

If Salman Rushdie wants to put a bulls-eye on his own forehead, that's his business. But I don't want him announcing a book signing at my kids' nursery school.