View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"It (low unemployment) doesn't mean that much unless it actually translates into wage growth."

First, I'd bet my life in exchange for a quarter, that's not what you said when unemployment dropped when your hero was president. Second, I would contend it means a lot when someone who was looking for a job, accepts a job. Might not be their dream job, but it's better than no job, unless (like you, apparently) you don't see inherent dignity and value in a day's pay in return for a day's work.
You're adding words to my statement to change its meaning. That's not very nice.

Quote:
Those 17 years include two terms under Obama, who couldn't manage to pull it off.
Ummm, Obama inherited one of the worst recessions in US history. As for "pulling it #^&#^&#^&#^& it's kind of a novelty statistic.

Quote:
As opposed to the way they dropped under Obama.
The ACA absolutely had a significant impact on slowing the rise of health care costs exactly as it was designed to do. Trump has effectively and intentionally broken the system and the markets are poised to respond against the consumer.

This is going to be a huge issue in the mid-terms.