View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #223
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Like you, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone...I don't

You asked for examples of restrictions of our freedoms. You didn't qualify your request. I answered the question that you asked.I'll give it to you, you came up with some real winners, i wasn't expecting mutilating genetalia

"tell me how "all kinds of things you can't buy" infringes on the rights of others"

Our country has limited the types of weapons you can buy, for a long long time. We impose these limitations on ourselves, for the sake of public safety. sounds like we don't trust ourselves You already know this, so I can't fathom why you are asking the things you are asking. you can't seem to answer the things without resorting to the ridiculous

You say (repeatedly) that you are in favor of banning bump stocks, then you seem to be making the argument that we shouldn't be banning anything...you are the one who is all over the place. I agreed because if you can't have automatic weapons, which is currently the case, I don't think modifying semi- automatic weapon to be nearly automatic is cool, whether I think citizens ought to be allowed to own automatic weapons is another matter... I'd actually like to just ban the words "bump stock"

Scott and Detbuch...there are all kinds of restrictions on our freedoms (our freedoms to do certain things, to say certain things, to possess certain things) that are imposed for the sake of public safety. Only an anarchist would state that we don't need any restrictions, or a staunch libertarian I suppose...

In the wake of some high profile mass murders, I happen to believe that public safety could be improved, with some additional restrictions. you still haven't been very clear as to how, the only way to stop high profile mass murders with guns as well as low profile murders with guns(there are a lot more of these) is to take away guns, if you say you want to ban bump stock to reduce the number injured you are really shortchanging those who would still be hurt ...don't you care about ALL of the victims?...do you only want to "possibly" reduce the suffering and injury? if that guy couldn't get a bump stock he still had a lot of weapons and time

If neither of you thinks that a billionaire should be able to buy a nuke on Amazon, then you both agree we need these restrictions. We just disagree on where to draw the line. this is dumb

This has been surreal.
you should listen to or watch the free speech debate I posted, you will recognize many similar arguments and sentiments