View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 06:06 AM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
again, that’s why i’ve always said that abortion isn’t about choice. it’s about the status of the baby. right? because you and i both believe that women can do whatever they want as long as they don’t hurt someone else

you and i agree on when choice applies, and when it’s limited ( when someone else is hurt). all abortion is about, then, is whether or not the baby is “someone else”.

every thing else is a smokescreen.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Just go to Texas. Today abortion, a medical procedure, is now a felony. Punishable with up to life in prison. No exceptions for rape or incest. If you don’t think this will seriously impact medical care, you are wrong.
Treatment of miscarriage. Treatment of ectopic pregnancy.
Treatment of previable pregnancy loss.
Access to contraception.
Access to fertility care.
And more.
Abortion medications are used to treat incomplete miscarriage and ectopic.

When your water ruptured and the pregnancy is previable you need to induce labor even if the baby has a heartbeat or terminate the pregnancy - otherwise you can become septic and die.

When life is defined as starting at fertilization, as in “personhood” bilks, it can limit the option to have full access to contraception and IVF care.

Nothing about this is pro-life - this is forced birth.

A person should not be forced to risk their life to carry a pregnancy. Pregnancy inherently has risks in every case. And people seek abortion care for terrible circumstances that you could never imagine.

The decision to have an abortion should be personal. You should be allowed to follow your own core beliefs with input from your doctor and family.

Abortion is heath care. Politicians are making medical decisions without understanding the consequences other than political.

And when the consequence for providing essential medical care is a felony, you will see uncertainty and delay in care. Lawyers will get involved. Doctors will leave the state. Even getting care will become difficult. We must not allow this to happen silently.

This is why docs4fertility exists. Your doctors know what is coming. We know this is not safe. And we are not willing to have patient care compromised by politics without a fight.

We support access to the full spectrum of reproductive care for all. Join us.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin