View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Right, because Trump is in office the natural next step is that we are going to follow in the footsteps of Nazi Germany...

Only thing that might get in the way of that is the Constitution, The 3 branches of Government, 50 separate state governments, and 99% of the 320,000,000 people that aren't stupid enough to let that happen.

How about instead of shouting him down and getting his appearance canceled, they show up to it, engage him in constructive debate, and show everybody, civilly, that is ideas are incorrect.
"Right, because Trump is in office the natural next step is that we are going to follow in the footsteps of Nazi Germany..."

Anything to avoid admitting that the Republicans might have a better stance on any issue.

"How about instead of shouting him down and getting his appearance canceled, they show up to it, engage him in constructive debate, and show everybody, civilly, that is ideas are incorrect"

Very, very well said. The reason why they don't do that, is because they can't. College kids aren't ever exposed to points of view other than liberalism, they never see liberalism challenged, so they have no idea how to defend it. Much easier to throw a brick through a window. and then still claim that you are more tolerant than the other guy. That's the part that gets me. I am a parent, I understand the impulse of babies to throw temper tantrums. What I don't understand, is that in the very next nanosecond, these rioters claim to be on the side of diversity and tolerance.

Liberalism: diversity in everything, except ideas!