View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Went in to pick up some 3/4" poplar plywood...took all they had on the rack...17 sheets... which was too much to load on those dollies so got an employee to forklift them outside to the truck. Went to pay and told the cashier seventeen sheets. She said she needed the skew # and then rang it up. Got my receipt and left...driving back to the shop I decided to look at the total...thats when I realized that I was only charged for one sheet....a mistake of over $500
Turned around right away and headed back to the store.
Cashier sees me in line with the slip and asked if something was wrong. I explain the situation...shes shocked but very grateful.
Says she would have been fired. Doing the right thing always feels better than getting away with something.
you are a vanishing breed... a lot of people would have kept going and then bragged about their "score" on social media...kudos to you for doing the right thing... I wonder how it would have turned out if the mistake had been the other way around...how much of aggravation would it have been to get your other 16 sheets..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote