Thread: Ukraine
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
It wasn't an attempt at humor, sound like a poor interpretation on your part...Jesus...what has the world come to here...I went and googled the term and looks like some have turned this into something more...take it from the Erasmus translation..."a garden tool".

Yes, it was, really, an attempt at humor. Apparently a VERY POOR attempt since you took it seriously. I did say your phrase was obviously not meant to be a racial reference. I thought that the use of "spade" as a racial slur was more widely known, but in no way did I mean to say anything negative about your post--which I thought was a good retort to Nebe's post. My admonition to "be careful" was kidding and in reference to so much of the "spying" being done on us in the name of security. I should have made that more clear. Maybe some smiley emoticon would have helped. I apologize for my stupid ignorance

Reminds me why I don't come on this thread much anymore, everyone is so uptight and looking for any reason to jump on someone.

If there were some emoticon for eating humble pie I'd insert it here. Again, I wasn't jumping on you, it was, really, truly, friendly kidding about how some PC/diversity folks, as JohnR put, it would find a reason to do so.

PS. Putin is Eurotrash...might as well bring the KGB into the investigation too
I also agree with that.

On the other hand, if you were just joking as well, you got me.

P.S. That's why I liked JohnR's explanation better than mine.