View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 05:38 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
My hope is that people are spoiled by so many easy quality fish and lose interest in working for 'em.
had a guy a couple of Sundays ago stop in when he was in town with his daughters and his friend asking where to go fishing on the island etc....conversation went like this.."we got big fish at the canal, I catch a lotta big fish, where are the big fish around here?"...me- well, I can suggest a few nice spots where you can take the girls....."you don't got big fish around here?...tell me where the big fish are and what do I gotta use to catch them?" me-thinking- is this a joke?...is there a hidden camera somewhere? "the girls wanna catch scup, what do you use for that and I wanna catch a big bass so tell me where we can go???"

he was irritated that I couldn't/wouldn't tell him exactly where he could go and exactly what to use, I was a little dumbfounded

it went like that....it was 1pm on a sunny Sunday afternoon....about the time that most big bass are usually caught locally by day trippers with little girls in tow from the shore

Last edited by scottw; 08-27-2017 at 06:41 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote