Thread: Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
My next prediction...Marco Rubio, the newly elected Republican senator from FL, will very likely be the Vice Presidential pick for the GOP in 2012. This kid is extremely impressive. He helps the GOP in FL, he is Catholic (huge voting bloc), and he is hispanic (he is Cuban American). In other words, he pulls a lot of levers for the GOP. The sky is the limit for this kid (he might be under 40?). And if he is able to swing the Hispanic vote to the GOP, watch how fast the Democrats change their tune on immigration, in the very next nanosecond.
I agree, Rubio has a bright future.

Quote:
Overall, I grade the night a solid B+ for the GOP. Very disappointed that Harry Reid held on. I guess CO and WA are still too close to call.
The GOP did quite well on paper, but they need to fix the issues within the party to really make this a success.

This election cycle was just as much a rejection of the establishment than a rebuke of Obama. Now that the GOP is part of the establishment once again, the people will just as likely elect more Dems in 2012 if they feel their needs aren't being represented.

Does the establishment GOP really want to give up their power? That remains to be seen.

-spence