View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #78
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
- yeah she is against gay-marriage (as many centrists are as well as conservatives) - but she is in favor of and has granted/passed gay equality/benefits rights as domestic partners. Just not the actual marriage part.
The Alaska Supreme Court ruled on the issue and there was nothing she could do about it. That doesn't imply an endorsemnt if you ask me...

Elected officials can't defy the court when it comes to how rights are applied, she said, but she would support a ballot question that would deny benefits to homosexual couples.

"I believe that honoring the family structure is that important," Palin said.

http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/ele...-7942233c.html

Quote:
- she may not believe in 100% man-made doom & gloom Al Gore type global warming that will end the world in 50 years - but she has supported & formed a committee to address "climate change" in Alaska, she worked to pass the large natural gas pipeline in Alaska to address our oil-dependency, and she took on the large oil companies in Alaska as well.
No, she's on record stating many times that she doesn't believe global warming to be man made. This puts her on the extreme right of this position, and opposite science.

Worse yet, the Al Gore style doom and gloom is becoming more mainstream among the scientific community every day.

From what I've read, her actions with the oil industry appear to be commendable.

-spence