View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #123
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Scott spin me a positive view of how life in America is better due to this administrations handling of Covid and please don’t fall back to Jims lame partial travel ban saved so many lives, I’m pretty sure that ship has sailed.
"don’t fall back to Jims lame partial travel ban saved so many lives,"

If you can find a post where I said anything like that, I'll drive to any location you pick, and put $100 into your hand.

What I keep saying, is that about the only real policy he implemented, was travel restrictions. And that the entire left (elected officials, media, everyone) said that was an overreaction.

The feds got the hospital ship to NYC, they got respirators to hot spots, they converted the Javits center to a hospital (not necessary as it turned out).

I've asked the gang of liberals here, at least 5 times, what are you saying Trump should have done, based on what we knew then? Not one of you came up with a syllable. Zip. Zilch.

Sure, his language and style are atrocious, but that didn't get anyone sick. At one point, the governors of both NY and CA (neither one of which is a Republican) said Trump was doing a great job helping them.

One more time...please list some steps Trump should have taken back in December/January, based on what we knew then. And keep in mind, all the democrats were saying then, that the virus was so benign that even a partial travel ban was an overreaction.

In terms of policy, what more was he supposed to do?