View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #11
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't think you can compare the three. Ford went into this recession with a much stronger balance sheet than either GM or Chrysler.

The assertion that Ford is now successful because they didn't take bailout money doesn't jibe with basic accounting.

-spence
If GM would have filed bankruptcy in 2008 instead of wasting billions in our money, they would already be over this and still own their company! WHEN YOU ARE IN DEBT, THE LAST THING YOU NEED IS MORE DEBT! The fact that you believe taking all this money from us, in any way helped GM is disturbing. They cut their own nuts off and handed them to Obama. Now they have virtually no control of their company, they have no capital, and they have lost millions of loyal customers. GM used to mean something to America, now they are just an embarrassment to America. They take all this $$ and then have to sell to the Chinese, like Chrysler begging Fiat....... I own 3 GM vehicles and they will be my last ones. Ford has earned my future business.

I read on the Japanese news this morning about how Ford was the last hope for the American auto industry. They even call GM Government Motors now...... it's a sad day in Detroit...........