View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
It just seems odd to me that the 2 plugs above ,, The Sub-Surface wood choice is pine and the Surface lure is made of maple .. I know Numby is just copying Musso .. Unless I'm reading this all wrong .. Just questioning use of wood ?? If I was going for Sub surface I'd choose maple .. Or Surface I'd choose pine .. Less work for the lip and weighting considerations .. Doesn't seem backaswards to anyone eles ? I know this is blasfomy questioning Musso thought process .. Maybe he'll chime in ..
The way I read it Bass Dozer never tells what woods are used other than pine and maple for the "Pine" and "Maple". I have some doubts that that is correct, the maple could have been birch.
I think the surface swimmer and the pine are both lighter wood, The maple and possibly the troller could be denser.
I made some maple trollers this winter that go pretty deep, I have a certain place in mind.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote