View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
ecduzitgood
time to go

It is just a potential way of generating income from the people who are causing problems or cost for others who are doing things the right way. The government is looking for more money and want everyone to pay/contribute through taxation and I think they could increase the amount of revenue not by just taxing everyone that pays taxes, but by taxing the bad seeds in society more.
There are plenty of people who do the wrong thing whether it be littering, parking incorrectly, driving recklessly, etcetera.
Take distracted driving for instance. There are laws in place to try and curb the amount of texting being done by drivers but catching someone who is texting while driving isn't easy to do. Why not impose hefty fines on drivers who have been involved in an accident if by checking cellphone records it if found they were using their cell phone when the incident took place.
I just feel there are so many people who do disruptive things causing increased cost to others that either don't care or don't realize they are part of the problem. They won't take suggestions or listen to others and change their behavior voluntarily so I say make them pay and then they might change their ways.
Our town has imposed a fine for people who do not pick up after their dogs. This is a policy I agree with yet I do not see it working well. I suggest they fine people who don't have a bag with them either empty or full when walking their dogs. The police are not that busy in our town that they couldn't find the time to check some people walking their pets the same way they find time to pull over someone for an expired inspection sticker. Or perhaps the citizens could help enforce some laws through the use of modern technology by videotaping offenders and submitting the videos to the police or town offices who could then identify and fine the offenders. They could even give the person providing such evidence a percentage of the fine that is collected, somewhat of a non-unionized low cost police force if you will.

I can only learn how wrong I am if you educate me, so don't hold back.

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 09-20-2011 at 09:55 AM..