View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 08:58 AM   #190
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The United States is the 128th safest country in the world according to the Global Peace Index. The US’s safety rank has decreased each year since 2016. A large factor in determining the safety index of countries is their murder rate.

Too many cities have worse murder rates than Chicago and DC.

St. Louis, MO (69.4)
Baltimore, MD (51.1)
New Orleans, LA (40.6)
Detroit, MI (39.7)
Cleveland, OH (33.7)
Las Vegas, NV (31.4)
Kansas City, MO (31.2)
Memphis, TN (27.1)
Newark, NJ (25.6)
Chicago, IL (24)
Cincinnati, OH (23.8)
Philadelphia, PA (20.2)
Milwaukee, WI (20.0)
Tulsa, OK (18.6)
Pittsburgh, PA (18.4)
Indianapolis, IN (17.7)
Louisville, KY (17.5)
Oakland, CA (17.1)
Washington D.C. (17.0)
Atlanta, GA (16.7)

Police budgets are at an all-time high and climbing. But clearance rates—the rate at which cops make an arrest related to a crime—are at historic, all-time lows. Cops nationwide have stopped “solving” crimes. Only 50% of murders even lead to an arrest.

Maybe military style policing isn’t working.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I never said Chicago was the most dangerous city. It’s relevant to bring up Chicago because they tried extremely strict gun control
there, and yet they have 500 homicides a year.

As always, even you know you can’t respond to what i said, so you respond to something no one ever said.

Show me the data to suggest that gun control will work here in the US, and i can be persuaded.

Out of curiosity, look at the list of cities with the highest murder rates. What percentage of those cities have been run by liberals for decades? And what percentage have been run by conservatives for decades?

Does the answer to those questions, lead you to any conclusions at all?

We need to do things very differently in our cities. What we’re currently doing, isn’t working . Do you disagree?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-06-2022 at 09:11 AM..