View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #20
FishermanTim

I would love to get back into gardening like I used to, but my brother has taken it upon himself to "redo" the back yard setup.

Did I mention that he has ZERO gardening experience, and probably even less gardening knowledge?

Here's a few of his brainstorm ideas:

Decides to "try" and grow blueberries, doesn't treat soil, digs up raised bed of 5 year old asparagas (tossed asidethe crowns) and kept wondering why we got no berries?

built a garden pen to keep animals out of garden.
It's 8 feet long, 4 feet wide and 4 feet high. You really get your back stretching workouts in that bed.

After the 3rd time I explained why I didn't grow certain plants in the garden (too much shade from surrounding trees) I gave up and let him do whatever he wanted. Needless to say we don't get much.

last year we had all of the trees that shaded the back yard removed, and instead of seeing how thing grow this time, he wants to move all the rasied beds onto a crushed stone patio. That's right, he wants to move the AGAIN. I will do my own gardening, but I don't like it like I used to.

I do want to start a continuous compost pile, but I fear that he will find a reason to move that as well.....

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote