View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #14
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

[QUOTE=RIJIMMY;942741]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
What if your parents hadn't worked for sh_t to pay for you?
What if you only had one parent?
What if you were saddled with 80K debt and could not find a job?
You think the unemployed are imposing their unemployment on themselves?

QUOTE]

to respond - that would be my wife's scenario, all except for the debt. As an immigrant, her dad died when she was 10, her mom raised her living in a major city. Her mom barely spoke english and couldnt assist with college applications or any future planning for her kids. What did she and her brothers do? They barely graduated high school, They worked day jobs that paid for college tution and went to school at night, they graduated. Today? She is very succesful and both her brothers own their own businesses which do very well.
I guess you conclude that they were white and the world welcomed them with open arms.....but they're not. they're chinese. There was no man holding them down, no class barriers, no race barriers and all along no family support. They did it themselves. WHat a great country huh?
There are so many sucess stories like this in almost every family.
Most all our families were poor sometime along the way. In fact I would venture to
say most people born before 1945 in our country grew up poor by today's standards.
We just didn't know we were poor, as long as we had food and clothes on our back.
People made there own good times and found their happiness without having or needing stuff.
In order to get stuff you have to work and sacrafice for it.

Things that were luxeries yesterday suddenly become necessities today, or so people think.
People suceed because they are motivated by family, friends, mentors or $$.
People forget their ancestors who came to America had to leave the security of their homes and family, learn English, become citizens and fit into the American
culture. That is sacrafice.
If you want to work and succeed you will never find another country in the
world easier to do it than here.

" Choose Life "