Thread: Auction score
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #4
saltfly

Picked off a few items from the auction too.Some real bargains were found on rods and some reels.I have waaaay to many now so I looked for items sent to Lefty with letters etc.Picked Bob Clousers book Smallmouth bass with his write up to Lefty[his fishing buddy] inside.Also a bunch of flies sent to Lefty for his books with the letters addressed to him.Now I've got to get them framed[that will cost more than the flies].Also,later in the auction.Picked a framed mount of 6 Wendell Folkins streamers.He bought Carrie Stevens business rights when she retired.I was amazed at all the items he had and signed everything.Fished with him back in the mid ninties at Andros I. bonefish club.Spent an afternoon with him when I lived in Rangeley Me. in 2016 he came up to Oquossoc Me. with a couple of friends to fish for smallies on the Androscoggin river in Dixfield/Rumford.They stopped off at the Outdoor Sporting Heritage Museum afterwards where I was a vollenteer.Lots of laughs and storys.A truly class man.
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote