View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
Scuttlebutt
Guess what...

Quote:
was at the ER last night. I have a 5mm. It may not pass on its own, I have to see a urologist. Pain meds in the hospital worked, and I am on ibuprofen now.
Im worried the worst may be yet to come. this is the first time goign through this
I wish you the best brother. I had a 5.5mm x 7.5mm. Did not pass on it's own. Was stuck in the ureter. Had to have a stent put in (tube from kidney to Bladder) for four weeks. Stent does two things...dialates the ureter and allows passage of urine. Remember all the tools go up through Mr. Happy. So that happened twice...once when he installed the stent and once when he removed it and lasered the stone. Then had to have a temporary stent installed for three days until things settled down. Think string hanging from Mr. happy which was simply yanked out by a nurse. Would not wish this on my worst enemy...what a horrible experience especially when you see blood pouring from Mr. Happy into the diaper that you've been wearing. Honestly I don't ever think I'll be the same...haha. Freakin' awful.
Scuttlebutt is offline   Reply With Quote