View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I'd like to see someone actually talk some sense into him, be it his family, close business associate or recently appointed cabinet member. Someone needs to convince him to give up the constant tweeter storms and just get to fing work governing.
If the Dems would quit slowing down his cabinet selections, he could get down to effing work. In the meantime, he has met with foreign leaders, punched out executive orders, deleted other executive orders, met with business leaders and influenced some to do more business here, made proposals for tax cuts, prodded Congress to work on health care, instigated more movement on building The Wall, had a travel ban on and vetting of possible terrorists crafted, rejected, and remade, nominated a Supreme Court Judge, fought off and counter punched constant attacks on his character and loyalty, had some rallies, made some speeches . . . and some other things I can't remember off-hand.

I think you realize that everything he tries to do will be slowed down, litigated, criticized . . . opposed even by some in his own party. And that there is and will be a constant attempt to remove him from office backed by mainstream media--and if all fail to topple him, he will be tied up in knots out of which he will constantly have to extricate himself.

As far as I'm concerned, I won't be unhappy if he nor Congress get much "done." If Trump can help get us two or three good SCOTUS judges and fills the vacancies of the lower courts, reduces regulations and makes the country more business friendly as well as strengthening the military, that would be a good start, for me, toward making us freer and productive. If the Federal government would give us less obstacles to freely live our lives, protect our borders, and let us come up with solutions to our problems at state and local levels as well as in our personal lives, that would get us closer to whatever Trump means by "great again."

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 03-08-2017 at 07:55 PM..