Thread: Who am I ...
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 07:22 AM   #15
stripermaineiac

Hi Tagger.I'll have to dig them out. I'm in the middle of renovatin my garage for a shop. Made a mistake and tried to fix the retaining wall and my current occupation is ground hog.Both septic and electric in the way so the diggin is all by hand. Big downside is the guy who built this place was a very close relative to tim the Tool man.When I'm done I'll try to dig them out. Funy part is was that Bob thought they were a mistake as they spent most of their time in the sand instead of swimmin so he stopped after the ist run. he gave them to me while he was gettin rid of some what he called junk while cleanin the shop as I have a narrow gut I fish that has a rippin current.He tried the idea again as a request in the styro bodies plus in the P-40 in the early 80's for use in the race.Only did a few of those also.You may want to keep an eye out as he also did a few small reverse juniors the same way.Only about a dozen of those exist.Some of the protoe I have have the weight wrapped around the wire. He used fly tying flat lead a lot in the beginning.As for the wood he used well some are cedar and some are pine. What type I'm not sure. I have 2 protos that weigh different and neither is weighted.almost 1/2 oz different.I'm hoping someday to be able to put a complete display of his stuff together and take it to the shows. I chase the stuff all over the place.Bob's grandson may even have some of the spec paperwork on them if I can reach him I'll see what he has.
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote