Thread: Who am I ...
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #29
stripermaineiac

Well the trailer spent a lot of time this side of the Canal. Mostly in a couple of the camp grounds. by the time the 60's came around he spent almost as much time in his van on the road as the trailer. He was also traveling a lot more by then also. Bob had several models out by 47. One marked Pond pending another Atom pending and some marked pat pending. The lighter one had the ist lips that were hand bent and weren.t stamped. It took a couple yrs for the bugs to get worked out of the stamping.The glass eyed ones realy did exist and the eyes were the same as the Creek Chub pikies. There's only a handfull of them out there. The one you have on the right is from the van but he also made the other in it once things got going. The P-40 was the lure that took the winning fish in the 46 derby or the 47. Bob even put an insert in the plugs in 47 advertising this.Every vehicle Bob owned was a rolling plug shop loaded with plugs to fill orders ang others to try. The 40's led to the 2 hook juniors. then came the small reverse witch turned to the 40 reverse shortly after he turned to plastic.Many of the early plugs had no weight in them at all. As it is now there are so many shades ,colors ,weights ,models and sizes that is hard to say if all can be collected. If some one came to Bob with an idea eventually he made it for them.I have over 2 dozen different p-40's .Ad to this the 51's,reverse,juniors,eel skin models,popers,splashers,talkin,spittin,lure ali,metals,jigs,and well you get the idea Bob tried just about everything.The fun part is matching the boxes to the lures of the time as he also switched them as supplies ran out. But If I can I'll get as many as possible in display cases by the next plugfest
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote